To make a travel reservation all you have to do is phone or email. Your enquiry will be handled promptly by a The Luxury Holiday Company Travel Consultant. The Luxury Holiday Company Travel Consultants are amongst the most experienced, highly trained and widely travelled in the travel industry so do be sure to call upon their expertise and advice whenever you need it.
Please read the Booking Conditions listed here since once your booking is made you will be bound by them. You may be required to sign a booking form when you purchase certain travel arrangements – you will be advised at the time of booking if this is the case.
All types of debit card are accepted for payment for all travel arrangements. They are not an acceptable form of payment for mandates. When paying with a debit card please be sure that we have the correct card number, issue number, start, expiry date and security code (on the reverse of the card) as well as the correct billing address. We do not charge additional transaction fees for payments by Visa and Mastercard debit cards.
The most efficient method within the UK is making payment by Faster Payments. Faster Payments is supported by all major UK banks, are processed almost immediately and can be future dated if necessary. They’re also free of charge from most personal accounts (business accounts may incur a small charge). If you'd like to pay by bank transfer, please quote your booking reference and use the following bank details:
Sort code: 18-00-02
Account number: 06433146
We welcome online banking. Please call for details. Please ensure your booking number and account holders name is quoted as a reference.
All cheques and bank drafts must be in sterling, drawn on a UK bank and should be made payable to Wexas Ltd. (NB personal cheques must carry your bank guarantee card number, expiry date, booking number and/or postcode, on the reverse). Where there is insufficient time for normal cheque clearance (6 full working days) and urgent ticketing is required, we ask for payment by Bank Giro Credit, chaps transfer or debit/credit charge card. Sterling cheques drawn on banks outside the UK incur a £20-£100 collection charge plus 1% of the sterling value to be paid at time of booking. Foreign currency payments cannot be accepted due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Cheques should be made payable to Wexas Ltd and please write your booking reference on the back of your cheque and send it to Wexas, 27-45 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NT.
When paying with a credit card, please make sure that we have not only the correct card number, but also the correct billing address and the expiry date and the security code on the reverse of your card. This is especially important if you are sending your booking by fax or email. Payments from overseas must be made by credit or charge card or by a Sterling cheque drawn on a UK bank.
If you booked your holiday before 18 July 2017, then an additional transaction fee of 1.4% applies to Visa and Mastercard credit card payments.
If you booked your holiday after 18 July 2017, credit card transaction fees do not apply to Visa and Mastercard payments.
Unfortunately, we no longer accept payment by American Express (AMEX) or Diners.
Please note that when you buy a ’published’ scheduled IATA airline ticket through The Luxury Holiday Company, The Luxury Holiday Company is acting as the airline’s agent and passes the billing information to them so the airline’s name will usually appear on your card statement against the charge and not The Luxury Holiday Company. For discounted tickets and booking fees however The Luxury Holiday Company’ name will appear next to the charge.
In order to protect against credit and charge card fraud and the need to protect the client's interests, our employees follow stringent security procedures before accepting cards for payment in certain circumstances and we ask clients for their understanding should they encounter such procedures.
Late payment of the balance may render your booking liable to cancellation and the application of cancellation charges (See Booking Conditions). At the time of booking your insurance premium is also required and is non-refundable in the event of cancellation (see Insurance).
Foreign currency payments cannot be accepted due to exchange rate fluctuations.
On confirmation of your booking you will be provided with a Booking Confirmation, by post or by email, this will outline your itinerary including departure and arrival times. This will also incorporate a statement confirming the amount you have paid and the balance due. Please check all the booking details thoroughly advising your consultant immediately if you believe an error has been made.
To avoid disappointment we recommend that you book as early as possible, especially if you plan to travel in peak holiday periods (such as December, Easter and school holiday dates); booking closer to departure for travel at these times could potentially be more expensive.
You can usually make a reservation up to the day of departure by telephoning us. Any extra administrative or delivery charges incurred in making a late booking will be charged to you. If any important travel documents need to be posted to you within 7 days of departure this may be sent by special delivery or courier at the appropriate additional charge, or collected from The Luxury Holiday Company by arrangement. Payment for late bookings by credit or charge card is subject to additional security procedures.
Airfares quoted in this brochure include duties and taxes payable at the time of purchase, unless detailed otherwise. Airport taxes for some overseas cities are payable locally, and The Luxury Holiday Company will endeavour to advise the correct amounts at time of booking.
Please note that when telephoning The Luxury Holiday Company your call may be recorded for training and quality control purposes.
We recommend that your passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of return of your intended trip and that you have 3 completely blank pages in your passport at all times, 2 of which should be facing, for the purposes of endorsements. We also recommend families obtain individual passports for each traveller. The Luxury Holiday Company is able to process new passport applications or renewals on your behalf, this service costs from £45 per passport and includes special delivery.
Reconfirmation of flights at least 72 hours in advance of each flight is required by some airlines to prevent them from cancelling your reservation. Whilst many airlines from the UK no longer require reconfirmation we recommended checking to ensure that flight times have not changed and also reconfirming all onward or return flights. Providing The Luxury Holiday Company with your mobile phone or contact number whilst abroad is also recommended to enable your travel consultant to advise you of any schedule change notifications received by The Luxury Holiday Company. If you are unable to travel on a flight please cancel the reservation at least 2 hours prior to departure, or "no show" fees may be charged - in some cases you could forfeit the full value of your ticket if you do not cancel the reservation. You will receive a ’Useful Information and Telephone Numbers’ leaflet with your travel documents, please read this carefully prior to your departure. It is your responsibility to reconfirm your flights directly with the airline.
Baggage allowances vary by airline and by route. The normal check-in baggage allowance is 20 kilos per adult or child. Many low-cost or no frills carriers such as Ryanair, easyjet and Flybe make a charge for each item of baggage that is checked in. Increasingly airlines in North America and other parts of the world levy charges for items of baggage checked in for domestic and regional flights.
Additional luggage carried over any free allowance amounts will be charged as ’excess baggage’; charges are levied either for each extra kilo or for each extra piece of luggage depending on the route. If you plan to take a significant amount of additional luggage with you it is important to contact either The Luxury Holiday Company or the airline in advance as at certain times of year airlines may limit how much additional baggage can be carried.
No single item of luggage may weigh more than 32 kilos (even if you are intending to pay excess baggage charges): airlines will either refuse any items weighing more than this or else will ask you to repack into two or more separate bags that weigh less than 32 kilos each.
Due to heightened security many items are now banned from being carried in hand luggage: this includes razors, scissors, penknives, nail clippers, sports bats and other sharp or potentially dangerous items. In the USA the Transport Security Administration (TSA) has the authority to open your baggage as part of the screening process. If you decide to lock your checked baggage and the TSA cannot open your baggage through other means, then the locks may have to be broken. TSA is not liable for damage caused to locked bags that must be opened for security purposes.
Please remember to label your luggage both inside and out with your address, email and contact telephone number.
Where, when and how you travel; how you conduct yourself during your period of travel; and under Terms and Conditions you travel, are matters of personal choice and judgement for you and each member of your party to decide. The consequences of your choices and decisions will be the sole responsibility of each of you, for which The Luxury Holiday Company will have no liability to any of you.
Therefore before you book your travel we recommend that you consider fully all the potential risks to person and property; seek whatever independent advice you deem appropriate about each country or area in which you are interested; and decide for yourself to what extent you will rely on such advice. It is your responsibility to decide where to seek reliable independent advice. However we suggest that, among the sources of advice you consult, you should include the travel information and advice services of the UK Foreign Office at www.fco.gov.uk or contact them by phone on 0845 850 2829.
It is also the responsibility of each passenger to decide whether and to what extent you should have insurance cover against risks of travel and to judge the suitability and adequacy of any cover and its terms, which may be offered to you by The Luxury Holiday Company or any other source.
If any of your party has restricted mobility or is disabled please let us know at the time of enquiry so that we can recommend appropriate hotels (e.g. some hotels may only offer stairway access to certain areas), check particular facilities or make specific arrangements for you as appropriate.
The Luxury Holiday Company is a trading brand of Wexas Limited, registration number 1820489, whose registered office is situated at Dorset House, 27-45 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NT, England.
This has the same meaning as in the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992. Copies are available on request.
The Company reserves the right to decline any booking application for any reason which, at its discretion, it may consider reasonable.
This means the person making the booking and every person included in the party. When you make a booking you guarantee you have the authority to accept, and do on behalf of your party, the terms and conditions of these Booking Conditions.
Travel tickets/vouchers are issued subject to any carriers’ or operators’ or other applicable conditions and regulations. Copies are available on request.
The Luxury Holiday Company provides a range of travel services and makes arrangements with a variety of travel suppliers. For holidays and products featured in a The Luxury Holiday Company brochure your contract may either be with The Luxury Holiday Company or with another supplier of travel depending on the type of arrangements you book. Where your contract is with The Luxury Holiday Company, we are the ’principal’ and the following booking conditions apply. Where The Luxury Holiday Company acts as ’agent’ for another operator or supplier they are the ’principal’ and you will be entering into a contract directly with that operator/supplier. You will be advised at the time of booking if your contract is with another operator or supplier and your Confirmation Invoice will also show this information (see the Agency Terms of Business section).
The terms and conditions for our UK airport chauffeur service is as follows:
Your contract is with Wexas Limited, trading as The Luxury Holiday Company, a member of ABTA.
1) Your holiday contract: When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you wish to do so.
2) Your financial protection: When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
For further information visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk. The price of our air holiday packages includes the amount of £2.50 per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) we pay to the CAA. When you buy a package holiday that doesn’t include a flight, protection is provided by way of a bond held by ABTA, the Association of British Travel Agents, for further information see www.abta.com.
3) ABTA: We are a Member of ABTA, membership number 91989. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you an arbitration scheme for the resolution of disputes arising out of, or in connection with this contract. The arbitration scheme is arranged by ABTA and administered independently. It provides for a simple and inexpensive method of arbitration on documents alone with restricted liability on you in respect of costs. The scheme does not apply to claims for an amount greater than £5,000 per person. There is also a limit of £25,000 per booking form. Neither does it apply to claims, which are solely in respect of physical injury or illness or their consequences. The scheme can however deal with compensation claims, which include an element of minor injury or illness subject to a limit of £1,500 on the amount the arbitrator can award per person in respect of this element. Your request for arbitration must be received by ABTA within eighteen months of the date of return from holiday. Outside this time limit arbitration under the Scheme may still be available if we agree, but the ABTA Code does not require such agreement. For injury and illness claims, you can request the ABTA Mediation Procedure and we have the option to agree to mediation. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com.
4) Your Holiday Price: We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays shown in our brochure. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
When you make your booking you must pay a deposit of £300 or 25% per person, whichever is greater. Flight only and rail only bookings require a minimum deposit of £150 per person. Hotel only and car hire only booking require a minimum deposit of £50 per person. Please note that increasingly many airfares, rail tickets, hotel only and car hire only bookings may require full payment at the time of booking.
The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid at least 70 days before your departure date - note that some travel arrangements may require the balance to be paid earlier or in full at the time of booking and you will be advised at the time of booking if this is the case. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit. Any monies you pay to a travel agent (where applicable) are held by the agent on our behalf at all times.
If an element of your holiday is priced in a foreign currency the exchange rate used to convert to GBP will be shown on your booking confirmation.
Changes in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports and exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. In the event that there is an introduction of - or increase to - any government imposed fees (such as, but not limited to, Airline Passenger Duty or ’APD’ in the UK) we reserve the right to pass on increases in any such charges on to you. However, there will be no change and you will not be charged within 30 days of your departure.
Apart from government imposed duties or fees above we will absorb and you will not be charged for any other increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that, plus an administration charge of £2.50 per person together with an amount to cover agents’ commission (if applicable). If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (if this is of equivalent or higher quality you will not have to pay more but if it is of lower quality you will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges.
We will consider an appropriate refund of insurance premiums paid if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy. Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date printed on your final invoice.
Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
5) If You Change Your Booking: If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking or your travel agent. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of at least £35 and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible.
Note: Certain travel arrangements (e.g. Apex Tickets) may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
6) If You Cancel Your Holiday: You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or your travel agent on your behalf must be received at our offices. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to the maximum shown below, depending how many days in advance of the departure date we receive the cancellation instruction:
60 days or more
minimum loss of deposit
30% minimum of total holiday cost
60% minimum of total holiday cost
90% minimum of total holiday cost
less than 7 days
100% of total holiday cost
Note: specific items sold as part of a package may have more restricted cancellation conditions; for example some flights and rail tickets are non-refundable from the date of full payment being made. You will be advised at the time of booking.
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
7) If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday: It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements, but we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you or your travel agent of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached, we may have to cancel it.
However, we will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 60 days before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements, you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). If it is necessary to cancel your travel arrangements, we will pay to you compensation as set out in this clause.
In accordance with EU Regulation 2111/2005 we are required to advise you of the actual carrier operating your flight/connecting flight/transfer; this information will be provided at the time of booking. Any changes to the actual airline after you have received your tickets will be notified to you as soon as possible and in all cases at check-in or at the boarding gate. Such a change is deemed to be a minor change. Other examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same standard.
If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling your booked holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In all cases, except where the major change arises due to reasons of force majeure, we will pay compensation as detailed below:
Days before departure
Amount per passenger
The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
Force Majeure: This means that we will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, and unavoidable technical problems with transport.
8) If You Have A Complaint: If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) and our destination representative immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department at The Luxury Holiday Company, Customer Relations, Dorset House, 27-45 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NT, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point, so we can quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you.
It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services in question as well as to our representative without delay and whilst in resort.
If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract.
9) Our Liability to You: If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements. However we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to: you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of two times the cost of your travel arrangements. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to: (a) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and (b) Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions.
You can ask for copies of the transport companies’ contractual terms, or the international conventions, from our offices; The Luxury Holiday Company, Dorset House, 27-45 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NT.
Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details of these rights will be publicised at eu airports and will also be available from airlines. However reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in clause 6. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline will be deducted from this amount. If your airline does not comply with these rules you should complain to the Air Transport Users’ Council on 020 7240 6061 www.auc.org.uk
10) Prompt assistance in resort: If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
11) Excursions: Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
This website is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit the airlines mentioned herein or any airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements. Please note that in accordance with Air Navigation Orders in order to qualify for infant status, a child must be under 2 years of age on the date of its return flight.
Where The Luxury Holiday Company acts as ’agent’ for another operator or supplier you will be entering into a contract directly with that supplier and this will be shown on the Receipt issued by The Luxury Holiday Company.
1) Contract: These are the terms on which we will make a booking for your travel or holiday requirements. When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the principal(s) or other supplier(s) (e.g. tour operator/airline/cruise company/accommodation company) named on your receipt(s). We can book you a package holiday, in which case you will have one contract with the principal, or we can book the services that make up your holiday with different principals or suppliers, in which case you will have separate contracts with each of them. As agent we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the principal(s) or supplier(s) or for the services provided by them. The principal’s (s’) or supplier’s (s’) Terms & Conditions will apply to your booking and we advise you to read these carefully as they do contain important information about your booking. Please ask us for copies of these if you do not have them. Our Terms of Business are governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you wish to do so.
All travel arrangements which we provide or which are sold through us are not an offer by us to sell any travel arrangements, but an invitation to you to make an offer to the suppliers of the arrangements. We are free to accept that offer on behalf of those suppliers or to reject it.
2) Booking details: The booking information that you provide to us will be passed on only to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements or other persons necessary for the provision of your travel arrangements. The information may therefore be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary and religious requirements. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. If you are travelling to the United States, the us Customs and Border Protection will receive this information for the purposes of preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes.
If you travel outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we will be unable to provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons. Full details of our data protection policy are available upon request.
3) Payment: You will be required to pay a deposit or make full payment for your booking at the time of booking. Where you only pay a deposit you must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the principal(s) or supplier(s) who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their Terms and Conditions.
4) Cancellation and Amendment: Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing and will not take effect until received by us. If you cancel or amend your booking the principal(s) or supplier(s) may charge the cancellation or amendment charge shown in their Terms and Conditions (which may be 100% of the cost of the travel arrangements) and you must pay us a cancellation or amendment charge of a minimum of £35 per person.
5) Complaints: As the contract(s) for your travel arrangements are between you and the principal(s) or supplier(s), any queries or concerns relating to the travel arrangements should be addressed to them. If you have a problem whilst on holiday, this must be reported to the principal/supplier or their local supplier or agent immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may be reduced or you may not receive any at all depending upon the circumstances. If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the principal/supplier. You will see the name and address plus contact details in any confirmation documents we send you. We will assist you with this if you wish - contact Customer Services. If the matter cannot be resolved and it involves us or another ABTA Member then it can be referred to the arbitration scheme arranged by ABTA, see www.abta.com
6) Liability: As booking agent we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the principal or for the services provided by the principal.
Applicable to all travel arrangements
1) Booking details: When a booking is made all details will be read back to you. Once you have confirmed these details we will proceed to confirm the booking. Check that all names, dates and timings are correct on receipt of all documents and advise us of any errors immediately. Any changes to these details will incur the charges stated below. Ensure that the names given are the same as in the relevant passport.
2) Total due (E&OE): A booking confirmation is issued by The Luxury Holiday Company on the basis Errors and Omissions are Excepted (E&OE). If there is an obvious error on the booking confirmation The Luxury Holiday Company reserves the right to correct the error and will notify you within 7 days of issuing the booking confirmation and not later than 24 hours prior to departure. You will be entitled to a full refund if any of these changes are unacceptable.
3) Passports, visas, health and immigration requirements: We can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for your trip. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Neither we nor the principal(s) or supplier(s) accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date.
Previous criminal convictions may affect your rights to travel without a visa to certain countries (for example, but not exclusively, the USA).
Please take special note that for all air travel within the British Isles, airlines require photographic identification of a specific type. Please ask us for full details.
The Luxury Holiday Company provides a service to obtain Visas and Passports on your behalf - please contact your consultant.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office provides up to date information to help British travellers make informed decisions about travelling abroad - visit www.fco.gov.uk for details.
We can provide general information about any health formalities required for your trip but you should also visit your GP or a specialist travel clinic before travelling. Some countries may need proof of specific inoculations (for example, but not exclusively, yellow fever) as a requirement of entry.
4) Safety and security: The Luxury Holiday Company gives no representation or warranty concerning the safety or security of person or property or the political, military, economic, religious or cultural conditions or any other condition affecting travel in any country to or in which passengers choose to travel and shall not be liable to you or any party member for any loss suffered in any way as a direct or indirect result of any lack of safety or any insecurity of person or property or any such conditions. You will indemnify The Luxury Holiday Company against any liability to or claim by any party member for such loss including any cost or expense incurred by The Luxury Holiday Company in connection with any such liability or claim.
5) Insurance: Many principals/suppliers require you to take out travel insurance as a condition of booking with them. In any event, we strongly advise that you take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses. If we have issued your policy please check it carefully to ensure that all the details are correct and that all relevant information has been provided by you (e.g. pre-existing medical conditions). Failure to disclose relevant information will affect your insurance. The Luxury Holiday Company is an Appointed Representative of Campbell Irvine Ltd. who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Register Number is 306242.
We also offer insurance against the financial failure of scheduled airlines where you would not otherwise be protected. Further details will be provided at the time of booking.
6) Delivery of documents: All documents (e.g. invoices/airline e-tickets/Insurance policies) that require to be posted will be sent to you by email or First Class post. Airline tickets that are issued as ’paper’ tickets will be sent by Special Delivery at a minimum cost of £10. Once documents leave our offices we will not be responsible for their loss unless such loss is due to our negligence. If tickets or other documents need to be reissued all costs must be paid by you. You can ask for delivery by other means subject to the charges stated below.
7) Service Charges: In certain circumstances we apply a service charge for the services we provide.
Credit card charges: Mastercard, Visa, and Diners Club cards 1.4% (credit cards excluding Amex) and 1.95% (charge cards including Amex credit cards).
UK passport applications or visa applications: £45 per application if arranged with a The Luxury Holiday Company booking or £60 without a The Luxury Holiday Company booking. This charge is in addition to the cost of the passport/visa and includes the cost of returning passports to you by special delivery. Note that ’urgent’ visa applications and applications for visas for certain countries may require higher fees.
Document despatch: documents despatched by Special Delivery, from £10.
Flights: a minimum of £35 per ticket (varies by route and cabin). For intercontinental (non-European) flights, The Luxury Holiday Company does not make a charge for discounted, special or exclusive fares.
Hotels: For all our preferred hotel chains and directly contracted accommodation, there is no charge. If your chosen hotel is not contracted by The Luxury Holiday Company then there will be a £10 booking fee.
Rail and ferry bookings: a minimum of £15 per ticket.
8) Refunds/ticket refunds: Except for cash payments, any refunds due (for whatever reason) will be refunded by the same method as the original payment; payment by cash will be refunded by cheque. Refunds will be made in accordance with the cancellation fees that apply at the time the original booking was made. Flight-only tickets returned will be presented to the respective airline or principal for a refund and will be sent to you within 14 day of receipt from any principal less their cancellation and/or administration charges plus a £35 administration charge made by The Luxury Holiday Company. This process usually takes around 6 to 8 weeks but can take longer. Tickets returned more than one year from the date of issue may be classed as ’expired’ by the airline or principal and may have no refund value. Airline refunds for partly used tickets are always less than the pro-rata amount and in many cases may have no refund value whatsoever. Tax only refunds for non-refundable tickets will attract a The Luxury Holiday Company administration charge of £35 per ticket.
9) Final Travel Arrangements: You must ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport. It may be necessary to reconfirm your flight with the airline prior to departure. Please ask us for details at least 72 hours before your outbound flight. You should take a note of any reference number or contact name when reconfirming. If you fail to reconfirm you may be refused permission to board the aircraft and you are unlikely to receive any refund. British Airways no longer require reconfirmation of flights but require The Luxury Holiday Company to provide them with your mobile phone, or other telephone number, as well as your email address so that they are able to contact you to provide information in relation to your flight - e.g. flight rescheduling. This information will not be used for any other purpose.
10) Baggage: All personal belongings are the passengers’ responsibility.